Monday 18 October 2010

Week 3

Well, in the past week I've been continuing with the two projects we've been set. One on 'Ideas Meanings and Materials', for which I'm doing a 'postcard wall' of a variety of textures and such that one may encounter when travelling (I've now done 30 cards and have ideas for another 30, but probably won't do them all); and the other project is 'High Definition' which we were asked to look at a small component of a large object and develop that. I've decided to do tiles, and have used screen printing to create a (very messy) stylised image of roof tiles (fig 1 - work in progress), and have also created a small collage of tiles created by painting the same colour paint with different textures (rolled, brushed, stippled etc) - fig 2.


I'm not too sure where I'm going to take either of these two, but that's part of the idea of the project.

Today's drawing class saw us going down to the harbour to get some ideas to take back and work on in the sudio. I deliberately didn't do a drawing of Folkestone Harbour itself, just of selected components of the harbour. This charcoal drawing took all day, and I am rather pleased with it.


The perspective is not brilliant - (eg for teh harbour wall on the right), and the light comes at different sections from different sides, but I did get teh framing reasonably well I think, and I also like the textures that I did. Not sure about the net hanging on the post though...

1 comment:

  1. Not arf bad Joseph. It has some atmosphere to it. Like the cormorants on the harbour wall. Nick.

    ReplyDelete